Tuesday, January 21, 2014

card deck proposal with imagery I am going for...

Britney Boswell Illustration 4 Card Deck Proposal Spring 2014 For my card deck I am working collaboratively with two other students to create a card game known as Ascension. Although the idea behind the game itself is not mine, I have full freedom over what I want to turn these ideas into. I have chosen eighteen card ideas to portray and will be working digitally. This is my first time working with digital but I plan on and have already watched a lot of tutorials to get very familiar with the process and catch up to my fellow students. The card deck that I create will be full on illustrations. You will be able to use them for not only the card deck but for other things as well. I will be working 6.75x4.875inches, which will be converted to 2.25x1.625inches to fit on the card. Apart from the eighteen illustrations, I will also be working with my group to design the 54-card box for our decks. My separate eighteen cards will be in an eighteen-card foil wrap, which will then be placed in the fifty-four-card box. For inspiration I have looked at some of my favorite TV shows, movies, and games. I drew inspiration from the TV show, “Supernatural” and also the movies “Harry Potter”, “Lord of the Rings”, and “ the Hobbit”. I have also looked at fantasy games like “the legend of Zelda” and card games that Matt sent me information on. Over all I am extremely excited for this challenge, not only to make some great illustration work but to also work digitally for the first time while doing it!

1 comment:

  1. I would actually recommend that you take all the stills from the shows / movies that you want to compare to and use them for studies to paint from.

    ReplyDelete